Wednesday, April 22, 2009

delhi heat

Hey everyone

Delhi is beginning to turn up the heat lol today it was 104.F degrees or 40.C. All of the local people are telling us that we are getting to experience the true Delhi heat.... haha woo hoo as we melt away.

Any ways I thought I would explain a little bit about what ministries we are helping with. So the first week and a half I did Campus ministry and taught children in slum schools, the second 2 weeks I did ESL and Coffee ministry and now for the last 3 or more weeks I am doing medical ministry in the slums.

During Campus we go and make friends minister to them, talk with them, and find out more about Indian culture. We aks them if they need help in anything and really just reach out to the students. During Coffee house we make coffee lol and serve. We basically just work there and hang out with people, we also teach Esl classes for locals and foreigners, which are so much fun. The slum schools are schools that we teach at for the extremely poor people. We get to teach the children English and other subjects. Its such a joy and honor to poor love into their lives. Its crazy how small the rooms are we teach in they are smaller then my kitchen and 70-100 kids are in them. The medical ministry I am doing now is also in the slums, we feed children who are extremely skinny and also weigh every child in the slum to check and make sure they are healthy weights. There are about 1600 families in the slum we work at so that's a lot of kids hahah. We also do door to door visits and have a clinic that is open 3days a week. I really have found the ministry I love and it is working with the families in the slums!

There are so many challenges living here, but I am finally adjusting. God is so good and really has been so faithful :) Im sorry my up-dates are so few but know that I will definitely up-date and take time to tell everyone all of my stories and the crazy things that have happened.

I miss you all

No comments:

Post a Comment