Monday, April 6, 2009

DELHI woot woot

We are staying in Delhi, which is quite an experience!!. Our flight was awesome, I enjoyed all 16 hours or flying time. We watched movies (which was my 2ND movie to see in 3months) played games and laughed. We had s few turbulence but all in all it rocked! We left Sunday at3pm and arrived Monday at

After our eventful bus trip we unloaded our luggage in a main street because the bus could not fit down the tiny street we live off of. As we walked down this street i had my first run in with the auto traffic in Delhi. Literally it was a "Run In" the car just beeped its horn and proceeded to squish its way between me and the other parked cars hitting my luggage and squishing it against the other parked car. Honestly now I am grateful that the driver decided to go slowly or else i might have lost my luggage ha ha... I can now laugh at it, but in the moment I was so shocked and a bit outraged. After that we we shown our living quarters... (God answered my prayers) we are definitely living with true India accommodations. I have come to love our room, however the first night was a bit of an overwhelming adjustment.It dose totally remind me of the orphanage in Annie ha ha ill post pictures of it soon! God is totally awesome though and I am so grateful we have beds and a door that locks :) But seriously it has now become our home and we love it and it makes me so humbled to think of all I have back in the states.

On the second day in India we had awesome food cooked for us, and we found out that the cook who prepared the food would be out cook for the entire outreach! We are all so excited about that, it was sooo Delicious. It was strange to have left on a sunday and then go to bed and wake up on a tuesday morning. I am greatful though that my body adjusted so quickly. God is good! Jai Mashiki


Ill tty (all) soon!

Nomesta, Tada (goodbye)

No comments:

Post a Comment