Friday, February 6, 2009

I am doing so well here! The first week of lecture but the 2ND week I

was in Orlando, we learned about hearing Gods voice by Dean Sherman. . . I have never

had a teaching like this in my whole life. It has already changed my

life drastically in how I communicate with God. On a daily basis I

hear from God now, which is something I treasure so greatly.


T-Time(Testimony Time)  

As we were still in the process for seeking God as to where we were going for our out reach Ben (our school leader) asked us all to go and pray and seek God for guidance in where He wanted us to go. In my mind I realized that I really did want to go to Thailand, mainly because I had thought of it in my mind for so long and had learned all about it and told everyone thats were I was going. well as soon as I went out from our meeting to seek God I already realized that He wanted to change some things ( ha ha ). So I prayed a prayer of surrender and yielding that I would hear from Him and not be influenced by my desires and pre conceptions. So as I walked and prayed I just heard God speaking and then it became silent and then came the words of this simple poem: 


"wash their feet as I did"

"change their lives and culture as I lived"


When I saw these words written on my page, they were enough , they gave me a hope and cry of Gods heart. As I walked back to hand my paper in to the leadership of what I felt God telling me. I felt content in what God had spoken to me I had a feeling that India was the place we were going, so when they told us we were going to India it came as no surprise. I was so at peace with what God had said however i must admit it was not the place of out reach I was planning on going lol.  The words God had spoken really ministered to me, and this is only one of the examples of the beautiful words, pictures and moments with my loving God! 


That was just a short story of the wonderful things God has been doing , I love Him so much ... with all of my heart and soul and mind!


Love 

Rebekah (becky) Contarino



No comments:

Post a Comment